1. Colonel Manoj Baidawar, psc, was commissioned as a Second Lieutenant into Nepali Army from the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, UK in 1993 and joined Shree Purano Gorakha Battalion (Infantry). He assumed the command of the Birendra Peace Operation Training Center (BPOTC) on 18 October 2019.
2. He is a graduate of Defense Service Staff College, Wellington, India. He holds Master’s Degree in Public Administration & Political Science from Tribhuvan University, Nepal and Master's of Science in Defence & Strategic Studies from Madras University, India.
3. During his notable career, he has given outstanding performance on all the courses he attended at home and abroad. His home courses include Infantry Young Officers' Course, Company Commander and Staff Course, Psychological Operation and Civil Affair Course, Courses on Law of Armed Conflict and Human Rights. His overseas trainings include Infantry Young Officers' Course from Infantry School, Mhow, India; Junior Command and Staff Course from School of Infantry & Tactics, Bangladesh; Staff Course from Defence Services Staff College, Wellington, India; Senior Command Course from War College, Mhow, India; Peacekeeping Operation Instructor course form Peace Operation Training Centre, Malaysia; Pilot course on UN Core-Predeployment Training Module (CPTM) from Germany.
4. During his 28 years of military service he has held various command, staff and instructional appointments. He has commanded Shree Ram Ban Company and Shree Ripumardan Battalion. He has served as an Operation Officer of No 4 Brigade HQ, Staff Officer at Western Division HQ as well as Directorate General of Military Operation (DGMO). He has served as an Instructor of Nepali Military Academy, Nepali Army War College and Directing Staff of Army Command and Staff College. He has also served as a Deputy Commandant/Chief Instructor of Nepali Military Academy.
5. Col Manoj Baidawar has wide-ranging experiences of the United Nations Peacekeeping Operations. He has served as an Operation Officer in UNTAET (East Timor) in 2001 & UNIFIL (Lebanon) in 2006; Military Observer in UNAMID (Sudan) in 2009-10 and U1 Staff in MINUSTHA HQ (Haiti) in 2016-17.
6. Col Manoj Baidawar is an active sports person with keen interest in Tennis and enjoys travelling. He is happily married and blessed with two Children.
The United Nations Department of Peacekeeping Operations has recently verified and provided the Training Recognition to the Contingent Pre-deployment Training and United Nations Staffs Officers Course conducted by the BPOTC.More...
"There is no question that as UN peacekeeping continues to evolve, so will the training needs of UN peacekeepers. Hence, peacekeeping training should have a systematic approach in order to develop training standards, policies, guidance and best practices for the trainers. Only the outcome of such training can help to meet the mission requirements."More...